9 Days 8 Nights
- Flight into Paro by Druk-Air.
- Delightful lunch in Paro valley.
- Visit Ta Dzong, the watch tower of Paro Dzong which now houses the national museum.
- To King Gongtsen Gompo of Tibet and Tachogang Monastery , “the temple of excellent horse”, which was built by Tangtong Gyelpo in the 15th century.
DAY 2 Thimphu Pilgrimage
Let’s go! We will have an in-depth spiritual and fruitful pilgrimage in Thimphu:
- The biggest sitting Buddha recently built named Kuenzang Phordang.
- Memorial Stupa: “a chorten to represent the mind of the Buddha”.
- Changangkha Lhakhang: built in the 13th century
- Visit nunnery (The women monk temple) for drawing and meditation.
- Thirteen art and craft institute: popularly known as Zorig Chusum.
- Thimphu Dzong
- Dechen Phodrang “Palace of Great Bliss”
DAY 3 Thimphu – Punakha
- Toward Punakha via Dochula, at an altitude of 3,050 meters above sea-level.
- Take a walk around the 108 memorial Chortens, one of the most beautiful passes facing toward eastern Himalayas.
- Visit Punakha Dzong, the administrative Centre of Punakha Dzongkha in Bhutan and winter capital for Thimphu monks.
- Visit Khamsum Yulley Namgyal Choeten, built in 2004 by HM the Queen Mother
DAY 4 Punakha, Wangdue, Trongsa, Bumthang
- Toward central Bhutan en route Wangdue from Punakha to the Wangdue bridge.
- Pass through Pelela Pass (3,350m) with many colorful prayer flags in the background, excellent for photo takings.
- Visit the Jigme Singye Wangchucj National Park.
- A short tea break in front of Chendebji Chorten.
- Continue our journey to Trongsa for lunch.
- Visit Trongsa Dzong, which was built in 1647.
- Continue our journey to Bumthang valley and rest.
DAY 5 Bumthang
After breakfast you will visit the following cultural sites;
- Padtselling Monastery
- Jambay Lhakhang Temple
- Kurjey Monastery
- Tamshing Monastery
- The monastery of Lhodrak Kharchhu
DAY 6 Bumthang to Gangtey
- Driving via Wangdue phordrang toward Trongsa.
- Have lunch at Chendebji.
- Enjoy the colourful rhododendron forest
- Drive to Gangtey for night halt.
DAY 7 Gangtey to Thimphu
- Visit Gangteng Monastery, an important monastery of Nyingmapa school of Buddhism.
DAY 8 Paro Tiger’s Nest
- Hiking to Taktshang (the Tiger’s Nest).
DAY 9 Farewell Bhutan
For ( March, April, May, September, October and November) US$ 250 per person per night
For (June, July, August, December, January and Febuary) US$ 200 per person per night
*The tariffs for tourists visiting in a group of 3 persons or more*